Saturday 9 November 2013

BAKING | Brains and Flowers

I have been wanting to try and make Halloween cakes, gooey Halloween cakes. However, I had been so lame this Halloween, I was too late to make them in time for the actual holiday and by the time I got to bake, I had to rush everything and due to mum's religious reasonings, I was forced to eat vegan-ish (milk is ok, but no egg, therefore, I could not even try my cakes). 

Anyways, I made some vanilla and double-choc cakes with white chocolate frosting. I think I slightly burnt the while chocolate, but the workmates still seemed to like the cakes! Main reason for baking, apart from wanting to try and make the brain cakepop deco, was me wanting to experiment a little with cupcake deco for Jenny's upcoming wedding. I bought butterfly stencils from TK Maxx and tested them on ready to roll icing purchased from Hobbycraft (they have an offer on them , 3 for £5 at the moment). Here are the results:


Mhh, bloody brains!!!


Brains and Butterflies!


They turned out ok, and I am hoping I get better at making flowers. Will have to try the brains again, with less icing in the cake mix. 

Thank you for stopping by!

x ♥ x

No comments:

Post a Comment